The Shelf Life International Meeting (SLIM) welcomes the submission of high-quality and original researches and abstracts on any aspect of food packaging and shelf-life. Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting the abstract.
Abstract Selection Criteria
SLIM reserves the ultimate right to select abstracts submitted for review by the Peer Reviewers based on quality factors, including scientific merit, innovation, practical application and homogeneity with conference topics.
Abstract Rules and Format
– The SLIM conference is a forum for presenting new, original research findings.
– The mandatory format for the abstracts is PDF. It must address the following:
1. Introduction: background information and statement of the goal or hypothesis.
2. Materials and methods: succinct summary of experiment procedures.
3. Results: effective presentation of the key results. Abstract without any results will not be considered.
4. Conclusion: indicate the significance and application of the research findings.
5. Keywords: provide up to 5 words for indexing purposes
– Abstracts must not exceed 1 page.
– References must not be included in the Abstract.
– Acknowledgment can be included in the Abstract
– Findings should be stated in sufficient detail to support conclusions.
– Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Define non-standard. Abbreviations at the first use.
– Abstracts dealing with commercial products or services must have a scientific emphasis and should not be submitted for promotion purposes.
– All abstracts must use correct grammar and punctuation.
– Proofread very carefully for formatting, spelling, and grammar to avoid errors before submission.
– Abstracts submission is limited to a maximum of 2 papers per registration.
Abstract Review and Acceptance
If you have not received your disposition by August 30st, 2022, please contact the SLIM secretariat by email (email@example.com). It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that he/she has a valid and current email address. By submitting an abstract SLIM assumes that you will be in attendance to present if your submission is scheduled.
Abstracts can only be submitted online on the conference website. Submissions by fax, post, or email will not be considered.
The receipt of your abstract will be confirmed by email.
Fee and Payment
Regular participant (Particular)
Regular participants from Colombia
Employees and alumni from UNAL o UNISALLE (Colombia)
Students from UNAL o UNISALLE (Colombia
Students from other universities (Colombia)
COP: colombian pesos. The representative exchange from USD to COP can be
* EBR – Early bird registration: payment until 30th September 2022
The registration fee allows full access to all event, snacks, lunch and entrance to the closing dinner
-Deadline for abstract submission: August 10th, 2022
-Abstract acceptance notification: August 30th, 2022
-Early-bird payment: September 30th, 2022
-Deadline of regular payment for inclusion in the proceedings: October 30th, 2022*
-Congress dates: November 28th to December 1st, 2022
*To facilitate the setup of the technical program, speakers are invited to register and send the payment documents before October 30th, 2022. Late registration and payment will be possible, but we cannot grant abstracts being included in the regular book of abstracts and printed program.